PJ's Fitness Blog

A blog about a fitter you. Come find out what is on the cutting edge of fitness science and be a part of the ongoing conversation.

Cereal Killer

Cereal_Killer28bDetailWe all know how many fatal diseases are cased by obesity. That’s not even a debate anymore. It’s just fact. Therefore, it’s logical to say that obesity kills.

So what causes obesity? Well, your doctor or your nutritionist might tell you it’s a lack of exercise or eating too much fat, but they need to get up to speed with the current research because this recent research has proven otherwise.

Sure, exercise helps, but it’s only about 30% of the battle. The other 70% is all about the kind of calories you’re eating, and fat isn’t the culprit. The real cause for the current obesity pandemic is due to a certain type of carbohydrate – one that I call, “fast” carbs.

“Fast” carbs are found in things like (more…)